Skip to main content
Postcode Search
Alert Sign Icon
Reception is closed, but we are open for business.

Our reception at Bridgwater House is currently closed, but Council services remain operational. You can contact us by calling 0300 303 7800 or by emailing

Building Control

How do I find out about, or apply for building regulations approval?

Somerset Building Control Partnership A partnership arrangement now exists across Mendip, Sedgemoor and Somerset West & Taunton to deliver building control services.

Somerset Building Control Partnership is committed to maintaining the highest standards in the design, approval and construction of buildings.

For more information on what requires building regulations approval and to make an application for approval, please visit the Somerset Building Control Partnership website.

Alternatively, please ring 0300 303 7790 or Email

Building Control applications submitted to the Partnership can also be viewed on the Somerset Building Control Partnership website.

arrowReport a dangerous structure arrowSomerset Building Control Partnership arrowOther services offered by Local Authority Building Control arrowDepartment for Communities and Local Government