Skip to main content
Postcode Search
Alert Sign Icon
Reception is closed, but we are open for business.

In line with government advice our reception at Bridgwater House remains closed. You can contact us by calling 0300 303 7800 or by emailing

Report a change in circumstance for your Council Tax and / or Housing Benefit

If you have made a claim for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support it is important you tell us immediately if your claim details change. It is an offence not to tell us about any changes of circumstances that may affect your entitlement.

Report your change in circumstance immediately at 

Alternatively Contact Benefits

It is your responsibility to keep us informed of any changes which may affect your claim. It is important that we are kept informed of any changes in your circumstances so that we can keep your claim up to date. The earlier you report a change the more likely it is that no overpayment will need to be re-paid.

You need to tell us about all sorts of changes in your household's circumstances. Below are some main examples of changes that you, your partner, or any other members of your household should inform us of:

Changes in household income:

  • Earnings increase / decrease
  • Starting / stopping / changing work
  • Changes in pension amounts
  • Any changes to other benefits
  • Sudden increase in capital (for example, receiving an inheritance payment)

Changes in the household:

  • A partner moving in or leaving (if leaving, we will need to know the date they moved out and their forwarding address)
  • Any friends, family or new tenants moving in or out (even if someone is staying on a temporary basis, you should let us know) 
  • Any births or deaths

Changes in rent and residency:

  • Rent increase / decrease
  • Moving out of the property
  • If you are expecting to be in hospital for more than 13 weeks 
  • If you are going to be away from your property for more than 13 weeks