After the decision has been made
If your application has recently been determined that may not mean the end of the process. You may wish to appeal against a decision, apply for non-material minor amendments, apply for removal, variation of, or discharge conditions.
Please read our COVID-19 and Planning webpage
If you have been given permission subject to conditions these may require discharging prior to development commencing.
If you do not agree with the decision you have been given you can Appeal against a decision to the Planning Inspectorate.
If permission has been granted and you wish to make minor alterations to the scheme i.e. resizing of a window, you can apply for a non-material minor amendment.
It is recommended that you read our Planning Application Validation webpage before submitting an application.
Submitting an Application
As a consequence of the restrictions put in place by the Government to deal with the Coronavirus our staff are working remotely. Unfortunately due to constraints of remote working there is approximately a 4 week delay in processing applications. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes but hope you could bear with us given the unprecedented situation.
Direct to Sedgemoor District Council
- Via email to email@example.com (please note e-mails with attachments should be no bigger than 10mb)
If you have provided applications or supporting information via post there will be a delay in processing them due to staff working remotely.
Please allow 1 working day for the application to be set-up on our back office system, we will then send a confirmation letter to the Agent (if applicable)/Applicant which will include the Planning Application Number.
- Payments - you must quote the planning application number when making your payment. We accept payment via the following methods:
- Cheque - made payable to Sedgemoor District Council
- BACS - it is strongly advised that you inform us if paying via this method to prevent any delay in connecting your payment to your application ( )
- Debit/Credit Card (over the phone 0300 303 7805)