Listed Building Consent Application
Listed building consent application forms are used if your property is listed for having special architectural or historic interest and you wish to make alterations, external or internal, to the building. (Listed building consent application forms can accompany a householder or full application if planning permission is also required.)
Listed building control is a type of planning control, which protects buildings of special architectural or historical interest. These controls are in addition to any planning regulations which would normally apply. Listed building status can also result in the requirement for planning permission where it wouldn't ordinarily be required - for example, the erection of means of enclosure.
It is a criminal offence to carry out work which needs listed building consent without obtaining it beforehand. There are no planning fees for these applications.
To find out more on listed buildings or conservation areas, please see the Historic Environment page.
We welcome and encourage applications submitted electronically.
- Application Form - Listed Building Consent
- Application Form - Full Planning Permission and Listed Building Consent
- Application Form - Householder Planning Permission and Listed Building Consent
- Notice 1 (if Ownership Certificate B or C)
- Notice 2 (if Ownership Certificate C or D)
- Apply online via the Planning Portal application service (this is an external link), other providers are available