A comprehensive list of all Planning Applications, their associated fees and links to their application forms.
Please read our COVID-19 and Planning webpage
It is recommended that you read our Planning Application Validation webpage before submitting an application.
Once you application has been determined you may wish to appeal against a decision, apply for non-material minor amendments, apply for removal, variation of, or discharge conditions - these applications can be found in the After the decision has been made section.
Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
Some developments are liable for CIL - it is important you know if this applies to your planning application. For further details please read our Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) pages.
Sedgemoor District Council welcomes and encourages planning applications submitted electronically.
Submitting an Application
As a consequence of the restrictions put in place by the Government to deal with the Coronavirus our staff are working remotely. Unfortunately due to constraints of remote working there is approximately a 4 week delay in processing applications. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes but hope you could bear with us given the unprecedented situation.
It will help speed up the determination of your application if you can provide comprehensive photographs of the site with your application.
Direct to Sedgemoor District Council
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please note e-mails with attachments should be no bigger than 10mb)
If you have provided applications or supporting information via post there will be a delay in processing them due to staff working remotely.
Please allow 1 working day for the application to be set-up on our back office system, we will then send a confirmation letter to the Agent (if applicable)/Applicant which will include the Planning Application Number.
- Payments - you must quote the planning application number when making your payment. We accept payment via the following methods:
- Cheque - made payable to Sedgemoor District Council
- BACS - it is strongly advised that you inform us if paying via this method to prevent any delay in connecting your payment to your application ( )
- Debit/Credit Card (over the phone 0300 303 7805)
Via the Planning Portal
- Apply online via the Planning Portal application service (this is an external link)
- If submitting your application via the Planning Portal you will need to make your payment (if applicable) to the Planning Portal in order for us to receive the application.
- For further information about making an application via the Planning Portal or making a payment to them please see their website Planning Portal