Postcode Search
Alert Sign
Essential Systems Maintenance

Due to essential systems maintenance, web services will be intermittently unavailable from 12 noon on Friday 19th January for the remainder of the day. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.

House to House Collections Licence

To carry out house-to-house collections for charitable purposes in England you need a permit from the Local Authority.

The House to House Collections Act 1939 requires that a permit is obtained to collect money or articles for charitable purposes on a door to door basis.

Applications must be in the form prescribed by Sedgemoor District Council.

You must be a fit and proper person.

Only registered charities may apply for and use House to House Collection Permits. 

Fee: There is no fee for a House to House Collections Permit. 

Further details on House to House Collections can be downloaded below. 

Application to carry out a House to House collection can be made by downloading and returning the form below or, if you prefer, you can apply online: 

The return of an expenses form following a House to House collection can be completed online:  Supply a return for a House to House collection

Application Form to Undertake House to House Collections [48.9KB] House to House Collection [12.33KB] House to House Collection Regulations [51.65KB]