Rapid Response Service for Landlords
A dedicated, wrap around support service for landlords who have accepted a nominated tenant from the Housing Advice Team.
Within the Sedgemoor area there is a high demand on our housing market with increased pressure on the private rented sector. The Housing Advice Team work with a varied client group, many of whom are looking to access the private rented sector.
We are committed to working with private rented landlords to help to develop and deliver a suitable private rented sector which supports both landlord and tenant. With this in mind, the Housing Advice Team run a Rapid Response Service for landlords.
We work with a number of partner agencies across the district committed to supporting the growing private rented sector. These agencies include:
- Private Sector Housing Team
- Environment Health
- Housing Benefit
- DWP/Job Centre Plus
- Community Safety
- YMCA Somerset Coast
- Glanville House
- Somerset Community Credit Union
- Avon & Somerset Police
- Citizens Advice Sedgemoor
- Housing Advice Team
The Rapid Response Service provides:
- A Dedicated officer who can offer advice and assistance in relation to residential tenancies. For example, we can assist to answer queries, provide advice and intervention for any problems during tenancies and offer guidance in relation to what your obligations are as a landlord.
- Assistance in finding an appropriate tenant for your property.
- Assistance with our Deposit Assistance Schemes, which may cover both cash and guaranteed deposits and rent in advance. See the enclosed information guide.
- Housing Benefits and Universal Credit advice and assistance