Suppliers Support Grant
If you run a small or medium size business (SME) in Sedgemoor and work as part of the supply chain for the Hinkley Point C project, or have registered to be considered for work there, you could be eligible for a grant. If so, please read the following guidelines for your application.
To be eligible for a grant (up to a maximum of £5,000) you must:
- Your business must be registered in Sedgemoor
- Be an independent business
- Employ fewer than 200 people
- Have been operating for more than one year
- Provide three quotes for purchases, unless purchasing a specialist product or service
- Provide a full year's accounts
- Be registered on the Hinkley Supply Chain
The grant scheme seeks primarily to assist businesses that would benefit from financial help to meet or better fulfil the requirements of working as part of the Hinkley Supply Chain and so would need to demonstrate that they have a realistic chance of gaining a contract or have a contract already at Hinkley Point C. The following are examples of uses to which the money might be put:
- New facilities, equipment or processes
- Research & development
Other uses for the grant can be considered. Only one application per business will be accepted. The grant cannot be used to pay any staff members salary.
Any interested business should complete an application form which will be assessed by a panel from Sedgemoor District Council. If successful the applicants will be expected to sign and return an agreement detailing the terms and conditions of the grant.
To apply for a grant please ensure you are eligible then complete the application form below, return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
Attn: Vicky Banham,
Sedgemoor District Council,