The Somerset Strategic Housing Framework 2018- 2023 has a vision that seeks to achieve the following:
• Strong and effective strategic Leadership
• A local Economy that provides opportunity for all
• Homes in Somerset that are good for your Health
• A Society that supports the vulnerable
The Vision will be delivered by a range of supporting Priorities and Ambitions.
There was a public consultation during the Summer of 2018. This sought comment on the draft Vision, Priority and Ambitions. We are currently considering the responses to the consultation and making amendments to the Housing Framework. We shall publish the final version of the SSHF during January 2019
To support the review of the Framework, each Somerset district and the County Council has produced Housing Market Profiles to highlight key issues, achievements, opportunities and challenges.
A very successful and well attended Strategic Housing Framework conference was organised as part of the review on 12 July 2017 at Taunton Rugby Club, with over one hundred delegates attending.
• Andrew Goodchild - Hinkley Point C - Housing Impact
• Colin McDonald - Housing Framework Review
• Justin Gardner - Housing Projections
• Keith House - How can councils help build 1 million homes?
• Mark Leeman and Tracy Aarons - Health and Housing
• Nick Horne - No future in the past
• Sonia Furzland - Winter is Coming (Welfare Room)
Contact Somerset West Private Sector Housing Partnership