Leader of Council's Office/ Executive
The Leader is elected by the political group that hold the majority number of seats on the Full Council. He is supported by a Deputy Leader and seven portfolio holders who make up the Executive.
The Executive are:
- Leader of Council - Councillor Duncan McGinty
- Deputy Leader - Councillor Dawn Hill
- Infrastructure - Councillor Peter Downing
- Health and Wellbeing- Councillor Gill Slocombe
- Customers and Communities - Councillor Ann Bown
- Business and Development - Councillor Michael Caswell
- Economic Growth - Councillor Anne Fraser
- Housing - Councillor Andrew Gilling
- New Homes - Councillor Derek Alder
Contact details for the Executive and Leader can be found below, as well as the Executive Structure diagram
The Chairman of the Council, Councillor Ian Dyer, is the District's first citizen and the civic figurehead of the whole Council. The vice-chairman is Councillor Mike Cresswell. These are non-political appointments and both appointments are for the municipal year 2016/2017.
The Chairman of the Council, or Vice-Chairman of the Council in his absence, will represent Sedgemoor District Council at both external or internal Civic events, will welcome Royal visitors within protocol laid down by the Lord Lieutenant, and host appropriate foreign civic dignitaries.
The Civic diary and organisation of Sedgemoor District Council events hosted by the Chairman of the Council is organised by Democratic Services.
The Chairman of the Council also chairs the Full Council meetings (held every eight weeks).