The team are part of the Council's forward looking Strategy & Business Service – this section is responsible for developing and implementing many of the Council's key strategies and policies, strategies such as Sedgemoor's emerging new forward plan [known as the Local Development Framework] and the Council's Economic Master Plan. Affordable housing is developed in such a way to compliment the Council's wider Community Strategy.
The team is lead by Duncan Harvey, Affordable Housing Policy and Development Manager. He is supported by Mary Chorley, Affordable Housing Project Officer and Elaine Oliver, Affordable Housing Development Officer.
Duncan Harvey – Affordable Housing Policy and Development Manager, leads on:
- Developing new affordable housing strategy and policy, including our Affordable Housing Delivery Plan
- Negotiating affordable housing packages associated with strategic and local plan qualifying sites
- Project inception on smaller, non qualifying sites
- Programme management of the affordable housing agenda
- Funding applications to the Homes and Community Agency and such organisations
Mary Chorley – Affordable Housing Project Officer, leads on:
- Programme managing the rural affordable housing agenda
- Day-to-day project management of a portfolio of housing schemes either under development or under construction
- Production of affordable housing literature and public events, including our annual Affordable Housing Open Day
Elaine Oliver – Affordable Housing Development Officer, leads on:
- Urban regeneration project work
- Urban development project work
- Housing needs assessment survey work
This team would be delighted to hear from anyone with land or proposals they feel might be able to allow affordable housing to come forward, including land owners or their agents, housing providers, parish councils and community groups.