Finding your way around the site:
There are several ways to find the information you are looking for: the Search box, the A to Z, and the Main Menu.
- At the top right of every page you will the Search box, which allows you to search the contents of the entire website. Entering words or phrases into the Search box will bring up a list of relevant pages.
- Below this, you will find the section heading, displaying the name of the section you are currently viewing, and the relevant telephone number and e-mail address to use if you wish to contact staff at Sedgemoor District Council for further information. Clicking on the telephone number will show further contact details, such as the postal address.
- Below the section heading, there is a "You are here:" trail. This shows you where the page you are viewing is situated in the hierarchy of the site, so you can never get lost. Clicking any link in this trail will take you to that page.
- On the left side of the page below the section heading is the website's main menu, providing links to all the main sections of the site.
- To the right of the menu is the main area of the web page, displaying that page's content.
- Below the page's main content is a horizontal list of links providing useful information about and support for the website itself.
- At the very bottom of the page is a horizontal set of icons providing links to useful resources.
Sedgemoor District Council is able to provide members of the public who do not speak English with access to professional, qualified telephone interpreters in over 100 languages, 24 hours a day. For more details please see related page on the right side of this page.
There are many Council documents available from this website for you to download or view online. Some of the documents are in Microsoft Word format, Planning Application documents are held in TIFF format, however the majority of the documents are in pdf format - created with Adobe Acrobat software.
If you cannot view a document:
This may be because you do not have the software you need on your computer. The FREE Reader software can be downloaded from the Adobe website: Adobe Reader. This is not a long process and can be completed within minutes. The Acrobat Reader software allows you to open any Adobe Acrobat document (pdf). For TIFF related issues please read the TIFF Viewer Problems page.
If you have any further problems opening any documents on this website, please contact Customer Services.
When visiting www.sedgemoor.gov.uk, some information may be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. Cookies are small text files transferred to a web site visitor's computer for added functionality or for tracking site usage.
There are two types of cookie:
- Permanent cookies, which are saved to the computer and remain there after your browser is closed.
- Session cookies, which are saved temporarily to the disk but are deleted when you close down your web browser.
This web site makes use of both permanent cookies and session cookies, but these cookies contain no personal data.
If you do not wish websites you visit to create cookies on your machine, you can change the settings in your web browser to prevent their use. However, by doing so, you may find that you are not able to take advantage of all features of the websites you visit.