Postcode Search

Universal Credit

Since 25th May 2016, Universal Credit has been available to customers living in most of the Sedgemoor area. Unless you are of pension age or living in supported accommodation, any new claim for help towards housing costs will need to be made through Universal Credit, which is administered through the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

In addition some customers may move onto Universal Credit, with help towards housing costs included, rather than receiving Housing Benefit where there is a change in circumstance.

Whether you are a customer, someone supporting the customer or a landlord of a customer in receipt of Universal Credit the following information and signposting may help you with questions you may have.

Citizens Advice Sedgemoor have a dedicated Universal Credit Adviser, this service can be accessed either by attending one of their drop in sessions or by referral. An appointment with Universal Credit Adviser can then be arranged to make a claim. Ongoing Universal credit support is also offered.

Citizens Advice Sedgemoor also have a dedicated Money Advice team who can offer assistance with managing money and help with debt. For more information click here:

Claim Universal Credit at - Universal Credit

Find out more if you are a landlord or helping someone in receipt of Universal Credit.  Universal Credit toolkit for partner organizations

Sedgemoor Digital Link

You can get online in a relaxed and secure environment with Sedgemoor Digital Link. The centres offer FREE web access sessions in a safe, friendly environment to access the web for tasks such as applying for Universal Credit, Universal Job Match, learning new computer skills, finding training opportunities or job searching as well as registering for welfare Benefits or paying bills online.


arrowUniversal Credit and Rented Housing